December 19, 2012

Criticizing an audio drama



This part of my blog, I’ll be giving some critics to an audio drama entitle Infected – episode 1. Upon listening to the audio drama, I think they are in a class room when the teacher warned the student to keep his phone. This might be my first time to listen to an audio drama and trying to give comments to it. I noticed that the audio drama I was listening to lacks some background music or background sounds. Only those who are focused are in the audio. I am not a professional of giving comments on audio drama neither I really don’t know if an audio drama really does not include any background music. Continuing on my analysis, some of the voice actors are not doing well in expressing the feelings especially the girls’ part. It seems like they don’t even care what is happening.
                Is it normal in audio dramas to don’t have any narration as to describe the scene? I really don’t know but for me it is important to have at least a voice acting telling me that they are at this place and somehow describing where he/she is. I can’t really imagine where they are. In my case I really lack imagination but overall the audio drama tells me that they are at school with no student even chattering (this is before the zombie part). I think they did well in the zombie part. What they lack before, they had fill it in when the zombie is there. I also think they did well in collecting some good sound effects like the car, the door opened and some of the whacking the zombies. Well they put background music in the last part and I thought it was really good. Background music could make the audience or listener feel the scene.
                The story is good. It just lacks describing their scene. Overall the audio drama is 7 out of 10 for my immature rating. The background music made me feel sad in the end. If they only added more background music to their drama it would be a lot of emotions. Just to close my critics, sound effects and voice acting is not enough to make a good audio drama. There should be background sound (like winds, chattering, or nature if the scene is in nature) and background music (like fast phase if action or slow phase if sad) to really make the emotions go out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment